List of 81+ Skills and Abilities for Resume
Whenever you are making resumes when applying for jobs, there is a list of skills and abilities for resume that employers expect to see on all applications they receive.
These skills are known as general skills that are valid for almost every job that exists. One needs to make sure that they mention and include these skills and abilities for resume when searching for jobs.
- 1 Why Listing the Essential Skills and Abilities for Resume Are Important?
- 2 List of Good Skills to Put on a Resume
- 3 List of 21+ Soft Skills & Abilities for Resume
- 4 List of 35+ Hard Skills & Abilities for Resume
- 5 List of Communication Skills Resume
Why Listing the Essential Skills and Abilities for Resume Are Important?
What are the most important skills and abilities for resume? Which set of skills will get you the job? Do you know what the difference between hard skills and soft skills is? How will you able to share your skills, accomplishments and expertise with your prospective employers? The perfect place to highlight your strengths and abilities is your resume, along with your experience history.
These skills can be used by you throughout the process of searching for a job. First of all, you can use these skills and abilities for a resume.
Secondly, these skills and abilities can also be used in your cover letter. They can be mentioned in the body of your letter. Be time specific about your skills and elaborate when you demonstrated them at work.
Obviously every job has a specific requirement criteria of the skills and abilities for a resume, so you need to make sure that you go through the job descriptions thoroughly. Focus on the list of skills emphasized on by the employer.
In order to gain attention, highlight the skills and abilities in your resume while describing your previous positions. If possible, then do so in a separate section of skills and abilities for a resume.
List of Good Skills to Put on a Resume
The list you are going to be reading now is what is sought for mostly when it comes to the skills and abilities for a resume. The day you include these skills and abilities in your resume, you will surely attract their attention.
Moreover, it is not just about writing about the skills. The point here is that the job management wants proof as well.
That is why it is wise to include example on how you go about them, rather than just stating them. For instance “Possess great communication skills.”
Before anything else, you need to focus on what your verbal and written skills of communication are, along with your listening abilities sharpness. Once you have highlighted all these critical skills about yourself in your resume, it will shine. Play a track of your strong communication that you have had previously with your colleagues, customers and managers.
The status quo these days for most of the employees is to have the ability to manage several tasks at once. For instance, playing around with different tasks, projects and management of a good relationship between both your colleagues and clients. Note down all the tasks and situations that you have handled, along with their types and elaborate how you managed them so calmly and efficiently.
Working in a fast paced environment, how would you prioritize your work? Employees need to often tackle multiple tasks and projects at the same time and a lot of requests come bashing through regularly. In such a case, you need to operate with a lot of grace under fire. Elaborate the details on how you prioritize your requests and projects. The last thing any employer wants is an employee who gets flustered easily.
An impressive resume is that which shows how organized you are when it comes to the projects and tasks you are assigned. Whether you are just a receptionist who needs to handle call logs and appointments at short notices or a web developer whose job is to update multiple sites in a go. Highlight what your approach is towards the organization of work.
5. Technical skills
Mention all the technical knowledge that you have related to the job you are applying for. A lot of jobs require you to have a background knowledge and expertise on most of the latest software.
6. Interpersonal skills
A clear differentiation can be made among candidates on the basis of soft skills. The fact is that most employers claim that it is a lot more difficult to teach interpersonal skills compared to the technical skills. Depending on whichever job you are applying for, you might note down your abilities to maintain a good relationship with your employees or customers at every level of the company.
7. Abilities to solve problems and initiate
You need to prove how important you were in the past to your managers by elaborating every example in which you were the initiator towards solving the problems during the special projects.
List of 21+ Soft Skills & Abilities for Resume
So we’ve compiled a quick list of soft skills and abilities for you to put on your resume. However, you can refer to our post about the list of soft skills that can help you improve your professional life for more details.
- Capability to Work Under Pressure
- Conflict Resolution
- Decision Making
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Strong Work Ethic
- Critical Thinking
- Handling Pressure
- Self Driven
- Client Service Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Business Etiquette
- Taking Ownership
- Taking Responsibility
List of 35+ Hard Skills & Abilities for Resume
We’ve also compiled a list of hard skills and abilities for resume and CVs that you can highlight when mentioning your experience for the roles that you are applying for.
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Automotive Repair
- Computer Languages
- Conversion Testing
- Data Analysis
- Digital Marketing
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Cleanup
- Foreign Languages
- Graphic Design
- Heavy Machinery Operation
- Legal Research
- Legal Transcription
- Marketing Strategy
- Media Buying
- Media Planning
- Medical Coding
- MS Office
- Office Administration
- Paid Online Traffic
- Phone Handling
- Planning / Event Planning
- Schedule Management
- Search Engine Optimization
- SEO / SEM Marketing
- Social Media Strategy
- Systems Analysis
- Website Design
- Word Processing
List of Communication Skills Resume
- Approach all the activities deliberately and make sure that all the tasks have been completed in the best manner possible.
- Mark my goals, stay focused and achieve great levels of multitasking. Complete several tasks simultaneously in a go and reach all targets.
- Never stop striving to learn something new. Stay up to date with the latest technologies and skills.
- Always willing to keep a good attitude with my peers, working hard enough to set and achieve my targeted goals.
- Always open towards criticism and suggestions for peers, bosses, teachers to strengthen all weaknesses wherever needed and possible.
- Perform all duties better than what is asked for. Ensure utter satisfaction by maintaining high personal standards of the produced work.
- Adapt to all the situations coming your way by developing solutions according to each client’s satisfaction.
- Have a flexible approach towards the solutions for every challenge, solving problems in the most efficient way possible.
- Respond very logically and calmly when pressurize by the obstacles and developing changes.
- Come up with adaptable methodologies in order to manage time constraints and schedules that are unpredictable.
- Revise all my sale strategies accordingly with the new customer trends.
- Adapted to every new standard of the industry, ensuring that our business is compliant with every guideline.
- In order to strengthen the brand’s awareness, foster a strong customer relationship.