170+ Best Quotes About Life, It’s Meaning & the Choices We Make
Inspiring life quotes can uplift people by instilling in them an uplifting and a positive energy. An energy so strong, that it enables them to conquer a mountain of a task. To others, these quotes about life can help them bounce out of anxiety, depression and the darkest corners of the mind.
And then, there are people who either go through a life of turmoil overcoming challenges that most of us won’t even be able to imagine. Or they live a life envisioning and accomplishing something that no one believed was possible.
These are people, who achieve a state of self-actualization, or in some cases, a level of transcendence, based on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs theory. And they summarize their journey of persistence and perseverance in life quotes so uplifting, that they energize even the most laziest of people.
- 1 So, What is the Meaning of Life?
- 2 Inspirational & Motivational Life Quotes to Uplift and Inspire You
- 2.1 28 Quotes About Meaning of Life
- 2.2 Inspirational Quotes About Life
- 2.3 Inspirational Short Quotes About Life
- 2.4 Good Uplifting Quotes About Life
- 2.5 Best Motivational Quotes About Life
- 2.6 Famous Quotes About Life
- 2.7 Great Quotes About Life
- 2.8 The Best Quotes About Life
- 2.9 Quotes About Love and Life
- 2.10 20 God Quotes About Life
Before we decide on the life-choices we should make for ourselves, it is vital to figure what is the meaning of life. Why do we exist? Do we have a purpose? Or a better question would be, What is the meaning of my life?
I used to teach senior students at one point in time. And the first few question that I always asked them were: “Have you ever thought about why you exist?” “What is life about?” “Have you ever thought about the purpose your life is meant to fulfill?”
Unfortunately, all I ever got were blank faces. And there were so blank, that it scared me most of the times.
And it’s true. I don’t know many people who think about this question. We’re so bogged down in materialism these days, that we never take time to ponder over some of the most important things in life.
If you are unsuccessful in life, that’s probably one of the reasons.
So, What is the Meaning of Life?
What is life about? Do I really need to have a purpose? Well… Yes.
If you wan’t to achieve something life, you need to define the meaning of life for yourself.
It’s about the life choices a person makes. These life choices dictates the direction someone’s life will take.
Every good thing starts with a thought. And if you’ve been thinking about what is the meaning of life, this is the second step you’ve taken: Searched for it, or took the initiative to click read this post.
If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably one of the few people who would ever do it.
And that’s progress. So, congratulations!
People who are concerned have been trying to figure the purpose of their lives. And it is truly a timeless question.
My opinion (you don’t have to buy it) is that every person’s purpose is different. Not all people are destined to do something incredible (or an accomplishment that looks incredible). There are people who do small things in life, everyday, and yet that gives them the fulfillment that a successful career might give to a career oriented person.
And there are no right and wrongs.
Life is complex. There are certain laws, regulations, and boundaries that we have made for people living in societies to govern good vs bad behaviour. But the reality is, life is not black and white.
There are grey areas in every aspect of life. And meddling in the grey area is not so bad as it may seem.
What is Life About?
People like Buddha, Dalai Lamaa, and others who have dedicated their lives to serve others, reached a state of transcendence (Maslow’s theory of motivation).
Do you know their response if you asked them what is life about? They would tell you that true contentment from life is when you live for others. When you live to help others.
When you go out of your way to help humanity, and any other creature. They would tell you to use your life to make a difference.
But what kind of a difference would you want to make?
If you figure that out, you will unearth the meaning of your life.
The meaning of life is directly dependent on your life-choices, and your priorities. There have been various different attempts to decipher and respond to this question by philosophers, scientists, psychologists as well as religions.
Hence, you may find different belief systems trying to manifest an answer to this question based on their ideologies, cultural backgrounds and traditions.
That’s the gist of my endeavour down this path.
Attaining Fulfillment, Contentment, and Happiness
Now fulfillment, contentment and happiness, may mean different things for different people. The order or priority for each of these 3 elements, may also be different for every other person.
But the presence of all 3 of them is most important. A person might feel fulfilled with his life, but he may not be completely happy from what he/she is doing. They may be happy with where they are in life, but that happiness might not be fulfilling.
Imagine Happiness, Contentment and Fulfillment as 3 Buckets. If any of these buckets are not completely full, you may feel an emptiness or an urge to achieve something to accomplish your purpose.
According to Wong, there are 4 components that define the meaning of life: having significant purpose or a goal in life, understanding one’s own-self,a person is responsible for his/her own life choices, and the last one is enjoyment out of achieving that worthy purpose by realizing one’s full capabilities and limitations, with discipline and perseverance by taking responsibility.
I agree to Wong’s definition of life, and the purpose of it. But I’d like to add ‘having the ability’to let go, and being able to realize that one cannot control the outcomes of one’s own actions. It might, or might not, go according to plan and that a person only has control on one’s own actions, and not external factors.
What are Some Meaning(s) of Life?
- Attaining one’s full potential and reaching a state of self-actualization
- To continuously improve oneself to become a better version of one’s self
- Follow a passion to achieve something, and make a difference in the community, or world one lives in
- To serve humanity
- To help others achieve their true potential
- To seek knowledge
- To become fearless
- To end the suffering of others
- To understand what is real
- To become spiritual (or religious)
- To dedicate one’s self to the divine
- To create equality and challenge oppression of any kind
Inspirational & Motivational Life Quotes to Uplift and Inspire You
This post is about inspiring and uplifting you with inspirational quotes about life, and we’ve compiled a significant list. These life quotes can not only help you to find meaning to your life, but also set you on a course of attaining fulfillment, contentment and happiness from whatever it is that you find meaningful.
28 Quotes About Meaning of Life
To elaborate and clarify the subject, we’ve included quotes about the meaning of life. Keep in mind that these life quotes about the meaning and purpose is respective to each individuals priorities. Plus it is not necessary, that if a well known or an accomplished person said it, so it should be applicable to you too.
You need to identify your own path, decide on your own life choice, but these people and their quotes about meaning of life can be used for motivational purposes.
Inspirational Quotes About Life
In life, when we feel we can’t achieve something we look for friends, family and influencers support to make us believe in ourselves. Another great strategy is to find some inspirational quotes about life, put them up on a piece of paper, pin them on your office desk, or maybe set it up as your mobile’s screen saver.
Personally, I feel that various inspiring quotes about different aspects of life, are very effective in inspiring me to accomplish a task that I had been sitting on for days, or sometimes even weeks.
Here is a list of inspirational quotes on life to help instill some self-belief:
- Difficulties in life don’t come to destroy you, but to help you realize your hidden potential
- Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain
- Challenges is what makes life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful – Joshua J. Marine
- Spending today complaining about yesterday won’t make tomorrow any better
- We must let go of the life we planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us – Joseph Campbell
- Rise up. Start Fresh. See the Bright Opportunity in Each New Day.
- Never stop learning, because life never stops teaching.
- Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.
- The secret of life though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times – Paulo C.
Inspirational Short Quotes About Life
When you need a quick daily dose of motivation and uplifting, these short inspiring quotes about life are a great way to get you going. May-a-times, I end up procrastinating before a deadline is due. And every time I procrastinate, I feel like a terrible person.
Our mind tricks us into being lazy. And we need to be able to train it out of that habit.
To get myself to feel more inclined to accomplish my tasks, I try to bombard myself through snackable affirmations. And these uplifting short quotes are a great way to not only affirm my belief in myself, but also to get me going.
- Life is so much brighter when we focus on what truly matters
- Every new day is a chance to change your life
- I’m not giving up, I’m just starting over
- I’m on the hunt for who I’ve not yet become
- Do something today, that your future self will thank you for
- Life is very simple, but we insist on making it complicated – Confucius
- Life is too short to wake up with regrets
- Attitude is everything in life
- Enjoy your life no matter how hard it may seem
- Be happy. It drives people crazy.
- I never lose. I win or I learn.
- Dream it. Believe it. Achieve it.
- Make today amazing for the rest of your life.
- If not now, when?
- Your life only gets better, when you get better.
- If you stand for something, you will fall for anything.
- You’re gonna make it.
- No regrets in life. Just lesson’s learnt.
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Good Uplifting Quotes About Life
Often times in life, we should take a step back and observe our own lives as a bystander. It is easier said than done, but if you accomplish to detach your feelings from your own life, and objectively look at how your life turning out to be – you might start being more grateful.
We are so absorbed in our lives, running after the day to day, in what I like to call the rat race, that we forget the true essence of life.
There are so many beautiful moments in life, that we overlook because we’re too occupied with materialism. A collection of some good quotes about life can help you jolt into realization and gratefulness of the real beauty of life.
Some good eye opening quotes can serve as an every day reminder for us to reflect on our blessings and be thankful for what we have.
- Life isn’t a matter of milestones, but of moments.
- Change your thoughts and you change the world.
- No matter how good or bad you think your life is, wake up each day and be thankful for life. Someone somewhere is fighting to survive.
- Life is like a camera. You focus on what’s important. Capture good times. Develop from the negative. And if things don’t work out, take
- another shot.
- Take time to do what makes your soul happy.
- Train your mind to see the good in every situation.
- Amazing things happen when you distance yourself from negativity.
- When fear knocks, answer with faith.
- Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away
- Be grateful for all obstacles in your life. They have strengthened you as you continue with your journey.
- Be thankful for each new challenge. Each will give you more strength, wisdom and character – Kristen B.
- Life is better when you are laughing
- A good life is when you smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realize how blessed you are
- The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time
Best Motivational Quotes About Life
Have you ever felt demotivated to go on with the same rigour as you used to? Perhaps you have burn’t yourself out. Or are you may be looking to hop back on to your fitness routine, and are looking for a way to motivate yourself.
If you are looking for fitness motivation, you should checkout our fitness motivation slogans to help you with that.
However, if you are demotivated in life and are wanting to get back on track, a dose of some of the best motivational quotes might help you to fly high in no time.
Being demotivated has nothing to do with your inability. You should not pull yourself down. It is all about getting your mind to rejuvenate your drive to achieve something, and I have seen these motivational quotes about life work for many people.
I like to put them up as my desktop wallpaper, to remind me that the problem is not with my inability, but with my mind deciding to take a break.
- People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do – Rob Siltanen
- Don’t carry your mistakes around with you. Instead, place them under your feet as stepping stones.
- The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it – Michealangelo
- Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself – George Bernard Shaw
- It is better to cross the line and suffer consequences, than to just stare at that line for the rest of your life.
- Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.
- Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.
- The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible – Arthur C. Clarke
- Tomorrow you will wish you had started today
- Hope is the only thing stronger than fear
- Never give up. There is no such thing as ending. Just a new beginning.
- The one who falls and gets up is so much more stronger than the one who never fell
- You can’t have a million dollar dream with a minimum worker wage ethic
- Do it now. Sometimes “later” becomes “never”
- Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack
- Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire
Famous Quotes About Life
It often happens when a successful athlete, or a well-known celebrity, quotes his/her learnings in life. These learnings then appear in their biographies, books, interviews, or press conferences in response to a question or a manifestation of their feelings.
If powerful enough to have an impact on their followers, or people at large, they go on to become famous sayings about life for millions to benefit from.
These famous quotes about life became popular because they are very meaningful. Plus, the essence of motivation and passion these popular life quotes carry within them, can firm any individual’s belief in his/her own self.
How many of these have you heard of?
- Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it – Ferris Bueller
- Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it – Charles R. Swindle
- When life gives you a thousand reasons to cry, show the world you have a million reasons to smile
- A negative mind will never give you a positive life
- If not now, when?
- Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, and your actions louder than your words
- She turned her cans into cans, and dreams into plans
- Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
- It’s the little things in life
- Life is what you celebrate. All of it. Even it’s end – Joanne Harris
- A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do – Walter Bagehot
- In the end, we only regret the chances that we didn’t take
Great Quotes About Life
Have you ever felt that your life has become boring? Or meaningless? Do you often feel you are stuck in a rut, and could have done so much more?
But the harder you try to get out of this state of mind, the more it pulls you down. We’ve all been there, and it’s okay to feel that way. The path to changing your life’s situation starts with acceptance. However, most of us continue to live in denial.
In times like these, I feel, this list of great quotes about life help me find the energy to accept the realities of my life versus the fictional and imaginary outcomes of what I envisioned my situation to be.
These are great life quotes to make you feel better and say, it’s okay if you are not satisfied with the outcomes of your life. Let’s keep strong, in moving on.
- Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.
- Two things define you: your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything.
- When you start seeing your worth, you’ll find it harder to stay around people who don’t
- The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of everyday
- Your life is your message to the world. Make sure it is inspiring.
- Inhale the future. Exhale the past.
- It’s your life. Don’t let others tell you how to live it.
- Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself
- For every minute you are angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
- If you can’t stop thinking about it, don’t stop working for it
- Life is so ironic, it takes sadness to know what happiness is, noise to appreciate silence, and absence to value presence
- It’s okay to have a melt-down. Just don’t unpack and live there.
- Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing
- At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening
The Best Quotes About Life
Best is a subjective word. Every one’s definition of “best” could be different based on what they seek out of something.
For me, the best quotes about life are the ones that keeps people humble and stay connected to one’s roots, gives them motivation to progress in life, and enables them to get back on track when they feel lost.
You’d have to decide whether this list is good enough for you to make it to your list of best life quotes, but I do feel you will like some of them.
- Don’t live in the past thinking about mistakes or changes you made. Think of your life as a book, move forward, close one chapter open another. Learn from your mistakes but focus on your future, not on your past.
- Don’t look back in regret, but move on with hope
- You are a product of your environment. Surround yourself with the best.
- Even accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
- What others think of you is none of your business.
- Don’t worry about failures. Worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try – Jack Canfield
- Ask yourself this question: Will this matter a year from now? – Richard Carlson
- Just because your path is different, doesn’t mean you are lost.
- When life puts you in tough situations don’t say “Why me” – Say “Try me!”
- You can’t control everything. Sometimes you just need to relax and have faith that things will work out. Let go a little and just let life happen.
- The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long
- You are not the same individual that you were a year ago, a month a go or a week ago. You’re always growing. Experiences don’t stop. That’s life.
- Passion and purpose scale, always have, always will – Elon Musk
- As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being redirected to something better
Quotes About Love and Life
Life is equivalent to love. Or a better way to say this would be, life is love.
Imagine if somehow one day the ill feelings of animosity, envy, jealousy, hatred, and greed vanishes from this world. All we will be left with is love and harmony among people. Wouldn’t the world be so much better than what it is today?
To live a beautiful life, it is important to not only love yourself, but to also love the people around you. Starting with your immediate family, a person should spread and give love to their community.
Here is a list of quotes about love and life that can help you learn the true essence of life, and how you should live yours.
- Love is like a shooting star that passes through the sky. Do not ever regret those sparks of live.
- Don’t spend your life with someone you can live with, spend it with someone you can’t live without.
- When you want something, the whole universe conspires in helping you – Paulo Coelho
- I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night
- Beauty isn’t about having a pretty face. It is about having a pretty mind, a pretty heart, and a pretty soul.
- Keep 3 things private: your love life, your income, and your next move
- Love your spouse more than you love your career, hobbies, and money. That other stuff can’t love you back – Dave Willis
- Where there is love, there is life – Mahatama Gandhi
- Love makes family – Gigi Kaeser
- The love of a father is one of life’s great master pieces
- Love yourself as much as you want to be loved
20 God Quotes About Life
We as humans are vulnerable to traditional and cultural influences. And as a result of this, we’ve complicated our lives in the name of religion. Most of us believe in God throughout the world, and have faith in the supreme authority.
God quotes, about life, it’s meaning and it’s purpose, in His scriptures and books to teach and guide man towards the truth.
Here are 20 divine messages that God has quoted in His scriptures, that He sent to people through messengers:
- But you prefer the worldy life. While the hereafter is better and more enduring. (The Quran, 187:16-17)
- And man is very ungrateful. (The Quran, 17:67)
- Show forgiveness, enjoin kindness, avoid ignorance. (The Quran, 7:99)
- So lose not heart, nor fall into despair, for you will be superior if you are true in faith. (The Quran, 3:139)
- Successful indeed are the believers, those who humble themselves in their prayers. (The Quran, 23:1-2)
- If you are grateful, I will give you more. (The Quran, 14:7)
- He [God] who created death and life to test you [as to] who is best in deed and He is Exalted in Might, the Forgiving. (The Quran, 67:2)
- And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient. (The Quran, 2:155)
- To spread your religion and share it with others (The Bible, 28:18-20)
- To act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God. (The Bible, 6:8)
- To be fruitful and multiply. (The Bible, 1:28)
- To obtain freedom. (The Bible, 8:20-21)
- To fill the Earth and subdue it. (The Bible, 1:28)
- You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. (The Bible, 29:13)
- Ignorance is the cause of sinful life, and sinful life is the cause of one’s dragging on in material existence. (Bhagwad Gita)
- Fill your mind with me; love me; serve me; worship me always. Seeking me in your heart, you will at last be united with me. (Bhagwad Gita)
- Far better to live your own path imperfectly, than to live another’s perfectly. (Bhagwad Gita)
- The secret to human freedom is to act well, without attachment to the results. (Bhagwad Gita)