Hardworking quotes can help motivate you out of laziness. These inspiring quotes can also pull you out when some mean and unforgiving people belittle and discourage you along every or most of the paths you choose to take in life.
No matter how determined you are to achieve what you want to, when you hear negative criticism and discouragement from people who you look up to, you start to wonder whether it’s really worth it. Whether your ability of working your ass off would one day enable or empower you to actually make a difference.
Some might say, that hardworking people have it easy. Hell yeah! But it wasn’t ‘easy.’ Instead they chose to keep their heads down and focused their energies on the outcomes. They had it harder because of the hurdles they had to face when they were busy gunning for their goals.
Not to forget the mean and envious people who tried to derail them from their chosen paths.
We’ve compiled a list of some hardworking sayings and quotes that will help you stay strong when someone tries to bring you down; or in times when you feel you’re efforts might be going down the drain.
Hard work never goes to waste, my friends.
Can Hard Working Quotes Be a Blessing in Disguise?
You may wonder why you should work hard? That’s a very common thought when you are surrounded by people who don’t have to put in much and still get the same as hardworking people.
That’s the difference between people who got it easy and people who struggled and worked hard to achieve something. Hardworking people sleep at night knowing the struggle was real. When they reach a point where they have accomplished their goals they feel a sense of achievement, a sense of empowerment which people who had it easy cannot really feel.
When an accountant who’s surrounded by numbers majority of the time goes home to his family after a long day of work, he probably thinks it’s not worth it at that moment but look at him when he gets his pay cheque for the month.
Look at him when his children go to school and get good grades. Look at him when his children proudly introduce him as their father.
At that moment he knows that his hard work paid off, at that moment he knows all those numbers were worth the struggle.
“Nothing worth having comes easy-Theodore Roosevelt”
And this is why you work hard, to have a sense of achievement and self-worth. Don’t you think this quote works as a blessing on a rainy day? Don’t you think it can motivate you that your hard work matters?
12 Hardworking Quotes to Keep You Inspired
You know the saying when you work hard, you play hard. Looks like Wiz Khalifa understood the gist of working hard and literally came up with a song called ‘Work Hard, Play Hard”. I am of the feeling that the millennial generation does not get much credit for the amount of hard work that they put into the world these days, also the economy.
I mean honestly, we are trying to make the world a better place too, show some appreciation.
Well, when you’re down in the dumps and need some inspiration to motivate you to work hard you should go through these 30 hardworking quotes to keep you inspired.
- “A good idea is about ten percent and implementation and hard work, and luck is 90 percent.”
– Guy Kawasaki
- “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”
– Thomas Jefferson
- “The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.”
– Thomas A. Edison
- “Hard work without talent is a shame, but talent without hard work is a tragedy”
– Robert Half
- “I’m really very self-confident when it comes to my work. When I take on a project, I believe in it 100%. I really put my soul into it. I’d die for it. That’s how I am”
– Michael Jackson
- “Patience can be bitter but her fruit is always sweet.”
– Habeeb Akande
- “Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goals: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.”
– Louis Pasteur
- “The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you’re willing to pay the price.”
– Vincent “Vince” Lombardi
- “My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition. ”
– Indira Gandhi
- “Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.”
– David Bly
- “I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it, and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else; hard work and realizing what is an opportunity and what isn’t. ”
– Lucille Ball
- “Hard work is painful when life is devoid of purpose. But when you live for something greater than yourself and the gratification of your own ego, then hard work becomes a labor of love.”
– Steve Pavli
These 22 Quotes Will Help Hardworking Teens Going Through the Struggle
Teenagers of the 21st generation have entered such a competitive era where they are competing for everything, including a boyfriend or a girlfriend of their choice. Though Selina Gomez and Bella Hadid are not teens but even they competed over the weekend. Anyways, no matter what field you’re in, you will be competing with someone or another to survive in this world. Sometimes the person you would be competing might even be your sister or your best friend. At that moment, no love, no empathy would be considered what would give you a competitive advantage is the hard work you would be putting in.
Teenagers have to literally not even kidding here compete to land a spot in a good university, they have to work like crazy. They don’t have people motivating them at all times, honestly, it’s not their job to keep you motivated to work hard. This is where these 40 hardworking quotes come in! Who needs motivational speeches from your friends or family when you can motivate yourself?
- “There’s no substitute for hard work.” – Thomas Edison
- “There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.” – Author unknown
- “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.”– John Wooden
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”– Arthur Ashe
- “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential. “– John Maxwell
- “The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well.” – John D. Rockefeller
- “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
- “There are two kinds of people in this world: those who want to get things done and those who don’t want to make mistakes.” – John Maxwell
- “Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
- “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
- “If people only knew how hard I’ve worked to gain my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful at all. “– Michelangelo
- “There are no traffic jams on the extra mile. “– Zig Ziglar
- “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
- “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “I don’t measure a man’s success by how high he climbs, but how high he bounces when he hits the bottom.” – George S. Patton
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- “Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
- “You don’t drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.” – Ed Cole
- “The most effective way to do it is to do it.” – Amelia Earhart.
- “Anything you want to ask a teacher, ask yourself, and wait for the answer in silence.” – Byron Katie.
17 Hardworking Quotes from People Who Got It Right
Nobody has liked to put in the extra work or to work so hard and get a reward that’s not big enough compared to the work being put in. Do you people ever wonder while reading these hardworking quotes how difficult they would have had it.
They had to go through so many struggles, so many compromises had to be made to get them where they are today. It’s no surprise that their hardworking quotes are being looked up to now for inspiration, motivation, and strength. Let us make their lives an example for us and let us take a pledge that whenever we drift away from our chosen paths, we will read these quotes to get back on track.
- “We can not procrastinate. The world of the future is in our making. Tomorrow is now” – Elenor Roosevelt
- “Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say and not giving a damn.” – Gore Vidal
- “When you’re the new kid in the building, I think it’s important to make yourself available.” – Alexander Wang
- “Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion.”– Oprah
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Sally Berger
- “Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that’s the one that is going to require the most from you.”– Caroline Myss
- “Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it?” – Caroline Myss
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
- “I am willing to put myself through anything, temporary pain or discomfort means nothing to me as long as I can see that the experience will take me to a new level. I am interested in the unknown, and the only path to the unknown is through breaking barriers, an often painful process.” – Diana Nyad
- “Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “And the trouble is, if you don’t risk anything, you risk more.” – Erica Jong
- “I always did something I was a little not ready to do, I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of “Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this”, and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough” – Marrisa Mayer
- “When everything’s coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.” – Steven Wright
- “The first step in achieving your goal is to take a moment to respect your goal. Know what it means to you to achieve it.” – Dwayne The Rock Johnson
- “I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me that trouble of liking them.” – Jane Austen
- “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” – Maya Angelou
Hope you managed to feel better after reading all these hardworking quotes! next time someone tries to discourage you or come between your path to success, just go through these again.
Someday YOUR quotes will be on this list of hardworking quotes. Share your hardworking quotes and experiences with us, we’ll always listen and be by your side on your journey to success.